Meet – Networking
Connect with people that can help you discover business solutions, diversification or even a new career.
- Eight Technical Communities and more than 50 Tech Groups – Connect virtually anytime, anywhere with technical experts to share and gain knowledge.
- Local Chapter Events – Build your local connections and networks with members in your own backyard. Meet potential customers, partners and employers.
- Attend SME Events – Make the right business connections by attending our industry-leading conferences, exhibitions and seminars.
- Lean Registry & SME Forums – Your online manufacturing connection. Blog, chat, ask and answer questions. All at your fingertips.
- MySME web page – Gain members-only information and view information specific to your membership.
Know – Access to Knowledge
Stay competitive and know the latest trends, innovations and solutions.
- Monthly Webinars – Industry experts share knowledge on a variety of technical topics.
- SME Daily Executive Briefing – Receive manufacturing e-news compiled and customized for members.
- Access to more than 17,000 Technical Papers – Download the most recent intelligence in seconds.
- Ask the SME Librarian – A customized research service for information on technical standards, hard-to-find articles and more.
- Manufacturing Engineering (ME) Magazine, Lean Manufacturing, medical Device Manufacturing and Aerospace and Defense Annual Yearbooks – Receive information from the authoritative voices in manufacturing, complimentary with membership.
Grow – Professional Development
Grow with education programs designed to help you further your career.
- SME Certification – Stand out from the crowd by validating you manufacturing knowledge. Earn your Certified Manufacturing Technologist (CMfGT) or Certified Manufacturing Engineer (CMfgE) certification.
- Lean Certification – Demonstrate that you have the Lean Knowledge and experience desired by industry today.
- Online Jobs Connection – Receive priority listing in our database and search hundreds of top manufacturing positions. www.sme.org/jobsconnection
- Give Back – Support our future generations by becoming a volunteer leader for a Local Chapter, presenting at an SME Conference, writing a Technical Paper, promoting manufacturing education, or donating to our SME Education Foundation.
- Leadership Skills – Hone your leadership skills in a safe environment with other members.